Friday, June 20, 2008

Pop!Tech...create positive change

Last night I found one of those websites that made me stay up 'til 2am. www.poptech.org "Pop!Tech is a one-of-a-kind conference, a community of remarkable people, and an ongoing conversation about science, technology and the future of ideas." I also found that there is a lot of ART (art & science! Imagine that?!) incorporated into these visionary ideas. I suggest going right to the pop!casts section and in their own words, "Download. Discover. Do your part to create positive change in the world!"

Jonathan Harris and Bill Shannon are my favorites so far. I will have to get my tech-crew to get these pop!casts onto our site, as I am challenged in that realm. But here is the quick "entice you to go view them" scoop on these two artists.

Jonathan Harris...I have to get him out here to Jackson. In the last month I have randomly come across his work/projects/ideas numerous times. A fellow Princetonian, he obviously spent way more time in those scientific buildings then I did, and probably more time in the art building, too. He is one of those artistic visionaries who must never, ever sleep. I can't begin to clearly describe what he does, so watch the video, and enjoy his website. www.number27.org

Bill Shannon dances-on four legs. Born with a bilateral hip deformity, this performance artist will challenge the way you think about disabilities, and movement. A fascinating exploration of dance, psychology, and education. He also has a great website www.whatiswhat.com

No comments: