Thursday, May 14, 2009

If I Was in NYC Today...





I would definitely go to the Park Avenue Armory to experience the new epic installation by Brazilian artist Ernesto Neto. It was the adjectives used in the NYTimes review by Randy Kennedy that first caught my attention: "curvaceous, diaphanous, voluptuous, lissome. Or, of course, fleshy, glandular, uvular, uterine." I never get an opportunity to even think of those adjectives, let alone experience them through art. I love art that you can really enter and be a part of, both metaphorically and physically, and it looks like this is one of those pieces. One of the coolest things about it...those big, drippy stalagtite things are filled with spices so the whole place smells like curry! I want to run out and get some giant bags of spices for the gallery now.

No comments: